Saturday, June 20, 2009

@JimN2010 I couldn't agree more....

I was invited to speak to a local Henry County Organization this morning. During the q and a a gentleman said that he felt Steve Davis had an appalling voting record and had been a disappointing leader due to his inability to resolve important issues facing citizens in Henry and across the State.

He also said that every time he hears Steve Davis speak he thinks that the guy is "packing." I don't know about the gun part, but I'd have to agree with the rest. This campaign is going to be about the voting record of Steve Davis and his "experience" as a Representative.

Steve Davis has not been able to create the compromise and coalitions that are required to get bills passed. He doesn't have the skill sets that the job requires. He is a career politician and is part of the many problems we face in trying to get things done for the citizens of this state. Its time for him to move on and find a job more suited to his skills and qualifications.

Having spent the past two years as a legislative aide--I'm fed up. I'm putting my money where my mouth is. I'm sick of career politicians more concerned about keeping their job than doing the right thing. I'm sick of smear campaigns that make good people afraid of running for office.

I couldn't agree more with the gentleman who spoke this morning, Steve Davis has a terrible voting record and I'm committed to spending the next 499 days speaking with citizens of district 109 about this. The question on election day Nov. 2010 will be who do people trust when that bell rings and their Representative has to go vote for their interests--Steve Davis or Jim Nichols?

No comments:

Post a Comment