Wednesday, June 10, 2009

coming soon... I hope

I'm unbelievably behind on stuff.  In fact I cheated this morning when I got home from work and got in a nap from 9 until 1:30 this afternoon.  Two people had mentioned, one at work this morning, and one on the phone, how tired I looked/sounded.  I'm glad I did as I feel much better--a good life lesson on human biology that I have to keep learning over and over again.
 
But here are some posts I hope to follow up on soon...
 
The Founding Fathers have nothing on them --> I wrote an incoherent statement in regards to Jefferson's preference... this is one of those language vs. biology vs. abstract structural power questions (a political theory post that will seem incoherent (and probably is) for the rest of you). 
 
@JimN2010 a reminder of why i'm running...  I want to follow up on some of the issues brought up in the comments thread. I've pulled some interesting links that might be helpful... Feel free to email me if you have any thoughts to add to it. 
 
Also I'm working on a response to one of the Henry Citizen Newsletter readers who commented on my article in the Henry Herald on my race against Steve Davis.
I've posted on one of the issues with the article Don't believe everything you read in the Newspaper...  The issue of my response to transportation was the subject of his question I want to take the time to sit down and respond to what is a very good question that he asks.  I'm sure many voters are going to be asking questions like these of me this coming year (and a half).  Which is one of the reasons why I'm running so early.
 
As always if you have your own questions, comments, or concerns about @JimN2010 or about state government, or about the ineptitude of government and politics as a whole---please do so by leaving it in the comments and/or emailing me at JimN2010@gmail.com.
 
Finally I'm working over my Euthyphro notes from day one of my ethics class at GSU and will try to post up something of substance by at least this weekend if not sooner.  I'll also be setting up a reading group schedule for those who live in Henry County and want to roll up your sleeves and work through some of the readings from my ethics class--you save a bunch of money getting a top-notch philosophy class under your belt at no financial cost; and I get the thoughts, feedback, and ideas of others whose eyes will see and ask different questions of the materials and questions at hand.
 
Also I have a funny post on Jim, the Dad, and an example of how conspiracy theories spread or get egged on by random things of happen stance...
 
 

Posted via email from jimnichols's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment