Friday, June 26, 2009

coffee break... @JimN2010 thinking outloud on website...

I came down to get some more coffee.
 
I'm reading W.D. Ross' "What makes right acts right"
 
But I wanted to think outloud--my theme for the day?--for a second.
 
A commentor stated that I'm not going to bring anything other than platitudes to the Gold Dome when I'm elected
 
So I responded @JimN2010 What I have to offer? and gave both a broad answer, with a few concrete examples to boot.
 
In response I get a "thats all he's going to offer" response--must have missed the "a few concrete examples" part?
 
But going with my question about what a new media politican will look like and what challenges must be overcome I wanted to "think outloud" about what my campaign website should highlight?
 
What issues and hot topics need to be addressed?  I think most people don't know enought about State Government.  Shoot, most people don't know the name of their State Rep!  Part of my campaign is about bringing people back into the process and helping to empower them to be more informed and articulate public citizens.  I see the job of State Rep to be both a representative of the citizens of their district and also someone who helps empower the citizens so that they can better understand and articulate the issues they face and how they as active citizens can resolve them. 
 
What kinds of questions would you ask of me... specifically for GA, Henry County, or more broadly for a State Representative?  What issues are you facing?
 
When I was chair, every time I was asked to speak in the county or across the 3rd district I told people that they were the political experts.  That they shouldn't believe anyone when they say, "you don't know what you are talking about."  That its everyday citizens on the ground who know the problems on the ground that need to be fixed.  The programs that work.  The ones that don't work.  That its citizens who are the political experts and that it is the job of political parties to empower those voters and bring together a coaltion that will work to address the concerns of the experts. 
 
So help me brain storm my campaign website www.JimN2010.com
 
If I find theme's I'll work to vamp my website in that direction or try to hit on those topics.  Why are you running?  And Why are you running so early???  Are definately going to be on the FAQ page.  But I'll throw it out to you.  Post a comment or email me at JimN2010@gmail.com and we'll start pondering what substance the website will focus on/highlight.  And what issues people want me to discuss.
 
I'm going door to door with these types of questions so why not go online with them as well...
Have at it... I'm off to spend another hour reading before lunch time.

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment