Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My class starts next week...

As some of you know I'm not just a truck loader.  And i'm not just a politician (thats still strange to say).  I'm also working on a degree in Philosophy at GA State.  At 28 this is so much more fulfilling than it was when I was 20.  The student loans I've had to take out are much more real as well!

But anyways my summer class starts up next week.  I'm taking an ethics class which is fitting for someone running for political office.

Our first Reading is Euthyphro by Plato

What is piety?

Anyways i'm looking forward to the class and have books headed my way...  I'll be setting up a local reading group to discuss the readings for that week if anyone locally is interested.  One of the positive externalities paying for school is that others can learn with you for next to no cost.  I'll post more on when/where/readings for local readers soon.

I'll try to post my homework notes and such on here for those who want to participate along with me. (I always try this and end up not doing as much as I'd like... I'll work on being better at following through this time)  Which means some of the political posting will slow down some.

 

Posted via web from jimnichols's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment