Friday, March 19, 2010

Help subsidize a college students education and save journalism at the same time...

I've seen a number of bloggers set up "tip-jar's" to help defray time/cost of their blogging.
 
I'm not sure if my readership is large enough yet.  But if anyone enjoys reading and wants to throw a few dollars my way I'd really appreciate it.  I'm trying to raise enough money to purchase a subscription to the Financial Times.  Having it delivered six days a week is is $239 a year. 
 
Plus you'll help keep quality journalism alive... with the Internet we've seen a decline of revenue and a deterioration of journalism as newspapers are forced to cut costs---which means cutting quality.  We have an obligation to help subsidize quality journalism by not just reading things for free online but also anteing up to help keep the lights on for our best newspapers and magazines.
 
Anyways if you you'd like to help out I've put a paypal button in the top right corner of my blog.
 
Thanks for reading!
Jim

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment