Sunday, March 14, 2010

What, no keg stands with Green Tea?

What I did over my spring break....
  • read Hollister's Medieval Europe: A short History  (errr half of it)
  • went to my best friend (from 5,6,7,8th grade) Michael's wedding
  • read Glen Martin's From Nietzsche to Wittgenstein: The Problems of Truth and Nihilism in the Modern World (eerrrr kept rereading the first 100 pages or so...)
  • watched The Godfather for the first time (I know I know... how could it have taken 29 years to do so?)
  • read Nietzsche's section 1 On the Predjudices of Philosophers from Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil for the zillionth time...
  • watched "Fifteen Minutes: Special Edition" with Robert De Niro and Edward Burns...
  • other reads... The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson,  Livy's The Early History of Rome, Nation of Rebels: Why Counterculture Became Consumer Culture by Joseph Heath and Andrew Potter, Ray Monks biography of Wittgenstein The Duty of Genius, and the very short introduction on Habermas
  • went to the gym
  • helped gut the insides of a house for the Fuller Center---sledge hammers are fun...
What I didn't do over spring break....
  • return voicemails (sorry)
  • talk to any of my political friends (sorry)
  • pay attention at to the blogs
  • pay attention health care "debate"
  • pay attention to politics---local, state, or national
I'm now wrapping up the week watching Fight Club in French and am heating up what must be my one zillionth cup of hot tea this week.
 
It wasn't exactly Girls gone Wild/MTV Beach House at Club La Via in Panama City, or anything. 
 
But it was enjoyable none the less....
 
Oh yeah, and Dad turned 59 which is pretty mind blowing--in that very cool kind of way--if I do say so myself.
P.S. If you didn't notice I've changed my post algorithim... if you are looking for ways to filter my posts.
 
All politics will generally go here.  Philosophy, Political and Economic Theory here.  Music, Art, Culture here.  All of it goes to here or to my twitter @JimNichols.
 
I've been trying to find a way to allow people to follow what they want and not have to weed through the rest of the posts they don't want... lets see if this helps
 
 

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment