Monday, December 29, 2008

Bertrand Russell -- "Love is wise, hatred is foolish..."







"A happy life must be to a great extent a quiet life, for it is only in an atmosphere of quiet that true joy dare live."

"A process which led from the amoeba to man appeared to the philosophers to be obviously a progress though whether the amoeba would agree with this opinion is not known."

"Advocates of capitalism are very apt to appeal to the sacred principles of liberty, which are embodied in one maxim: The fortunate must not be restrained in the exercise of tyranny over the unfortunate."

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd."

"Freedom of opinion can only exist when the government thinks itself secure."

"I believe in using words, not fists. I believe in my outrage knowing people are living in boxes on the street. I believe in honesty. I believe in a good time. I believe in good food. I believe in sex."

1 comment:

  1. bertrand russell sure did have an exciting life.
    if it's posted once it should be posted a billion times.
    i believe people should definitely take his words into consideration.
    and good on you, jim.
    enjoy life

    ReplyDelete