Tuesday, July 27, 2010

JimN2010 Camapign Update 97 days 12 hours 15 min till polls...

7.27.10 JimN2010 Campaign Update:
  
97 days 13 hours 32 min till polls...
Money raised so far today: $10
Call Time to raise money: 0 hrs. [ I know I know... I'm still getting unpacked]
Quote for the day: “Don't pray for lighter burdens, but for stronger backs.” -Unknown
  
Deana and I are back from Netroots Nation in Las Vegas!  I wrote a quick recap at bottom of this email.  Lets just say a good time was had by all!
  
But now back to the campaign trail.  We pulled in over 60% of the vote election day because Democrats are ready to give the Republicans are full court press this November!
  
I want to thank all of my volunteers who sacrifice their time and money--you have my gratitude and appreciate.  This is your win...I didn't make it happen: WE DID. 
  
I truly believe that good government is something you have to work for...constantly.  Good government doesn't just happen--you don't get it by reading blogs and watching TV Talking Heads--you get it by rolling up your sleeves and getting involved.  Government only begins to do its job: protect and empower its citizens.. when everyday citizens run for office, volunteer, and get involved in local politics
  
So we paper rock scissored it and I'm going to do the "run for office" part. 
  
But I can't do it alone--as that's only part of the equation.  That's why I'm asking for your support in time and money.  Politics are dirty and dominated by money.  Only be raising small contributions, hosting house parties, and going door to door can we win this November.  I need your help.
  
Volunteer Today!
  
I have tons of volunteer opportunities that need warm bodies and hope you can give a few hours each month;  9 out of 10 races are won by the candidate with the most money so I have a lot of money to raise (iickk...); and there are a lot of issues that I need help educating and engaging voters on.
  
Here are some JimN2010 Teams---we have lots to do.  Fill out my "contact" info at the bottom of my website to make sure my volunteer coordinator has your contact info.  Even if you can only contribute a few hours a month or siimply do small tasks like forward my email to your friends and get your friends to join my facebook page---please get invovled.  It matters!
  
------------------
  
Online Team:  Do you twitter, facebook, or blog?  If so I need your help with online fundraising ("money bombs"), as well as getting important news, issues, and fact sheets out to your friends and neighbors.  Its up to us to make politics about the issues and make sure we all go into the polling booth educated and informed.
  
Issue Teams:  Unfortunately the news puts most of its focus on the political horse race and smear politics.  The issues get left in the dark which means voters go into the polling booth woefully uneducated about basic facts and solutions that would help us get going in the right direction and simply vote Democrat or Republican or Libertarian.  The issue teams allow you to get involved on issues you care about, help me stay better informed, and help get that information out to voters.  Take a few hours a month and roll up your sleeves on the issues--together we can make politics about the issues and not the partisan horse race.
  
Host a house party -- if you live in the district and would like to have me speak to your friends and neighbors please get in contact and we can help you get it set up, provide food/drink, and get butts in the seats.  Be it 2 people or 20 I'd love to come speak at your house.  If you can't host an event at your house, talk one of your friends into hosting one and help them make it happen!  Or help set up a meet up at a local coffee shop, bar, restaurant, or community center. 
  
Host a fundraiser -- even if you don't live in the district and just want to help a politician running for office in a near by district you can help raise the money I need to get our message out to voters this November.  Be it $25 or $2500---the money raised no matter big or small matters.  Plus, people getting together to talk about issues facing our community and how we can change them is part of the cultural change we have to be a part of.  We are the Government which means if Government is broken we are to blame.  Its up to us to change politics in Georgia and hosting a fundraiser at your house or local restaurant will truly make a difference this November.
  
--------------
  
"Houston we have a problem..."
  
People are already asking for yard signs, bumper stickers, and tshirts.  Only problem if I don't have the money to buy them.  So I  need your financial support! Together we out raised my opponent 24 to 1 in the primary; but the money i'm going to need to take on Republicans attacking me for the fact that Barrack Obama is to blame for the fact that Republicans run this state and are running it into the ground. 
  
My ask for the month of July has been $30 because I turned 30 on July 13th.  So far today I've raised $10 and I need your help to reach today's goal of $50.  If you can contribute anything today be it $500 or $5 you will help us get our message out to voters this November.
 
[Paypal for security reasons sometimes stops transactions midway through so if you don't hear from me via email I might not have recieved the contribution]
  
  
Keep up with Jim in 2010
  
Stay up to date all all the campaign news by checking my website from time to time: www.JimN2010.com  Follow my twitter at @JimN2010 go online and fill out my contact form and stay informed about the economy and current events at my personal blog www.JimNichols4.com.  You can find all of this on my website here
  
Also be sure to facebook me friend my campaign page--and get your friends to do the same. 
  
Netroots Nation Recap:
  
We have a great time, met some great people, and I learned a lot at all the great trainings and panels.  If you don't know about Netroots Nation--its a yearly conference put on by the Political Website Daily Kos.  Basically a bunch of everyday citizens (policy nerds, bloggers, activists, and gold old fashioned engaged citizens) get together for 
  
4 days of talks, trainings, speakers, and most importantly parties.  Its a blast.  I won a scholarship from Democracy for America last year to go last year in Pittsburgh.  Its become a tradition, as the wife is just as excited as I am waiting for the announcement for where Netroots Nation will be next year.  Next year we are going to be in Minneapolis, Minnesota June 16-19, 2011!
  
I plan on making sure that a 1st term 30 year old State Senator from Georgia will be in Minnesota next year but I need your help in making that happen!
  
The Calender:
  
Tonight Henry County Democratic Party Monthly Meeting--
Government Annex Community Room116,  98-116  South Zack Hinton Pkwy, McDonough, GA 30253 at 7:30pm.
  
Thur July 29th:
The Georgia Birth to Five Coalition brown bag lunch and information session on Thursday, July 29th from 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. in the Logan Room at the United Way Building, 100 Edgewood Avenue, NE; Atlanta, GA.
  
Taifa Butler, Katherine Falen, and Diane Bales, representing Better Brains for Babies will lead a discussion on the latest research and recommendations on early brain development process and stages, and other aspects of brain development that are so vital to inform the work of advocates for young children.
regards,
Jim
  
97 days 12 hrs and 19 mins till the polls open....
  
p.s. I'm still trying to build my email list please please email this update to your friends and ask them to sign up on my website to stay updated on the campaign.  Don't assume they are on the email list yet--make sure they fill out the contact info and leave a comment to join the email list....
 

Posted via email from Jim Nichols for Senate Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment