Friday, April 16, 2010

$500 For Running A Red Light? Blame The Camera

One thing I couldn't help but wonder about this story was... how many of those same people mad about the use of camera's would be willing to pay higher taxes to employee humans--as there obviously seems to be a problem running red lights?
 
If you "oppose" red light camera's but aren't willing to pay more in taxes to higher human beings to catch those (and use human discretion where appropriate) then you probably don't need to be taken seriously.
 
On a side note, I was sitting at a red light this morning on the way to work and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the oppressive burden of government imposing its will on me as an individual.  Such infringements on my liberty to drive to work as fast as I want---especially when no one is out on the roads at 3am--was highly unsettling.  It made me want to go find a local tea party meeting to attend!

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment