Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lessons from the campiagn trail: Political Discourse

For those of you who complain about the tone of our political discourse I just wanted to point out that my campaign contributions drastically went up when I would slip up on the blog, facebook, or twitter and go all out snarky (usually because I was sleep deprived**).  Money runs politics so people want to support candidates that fight hard. 
 
So anyone that doesn't support publicly financed campaigns doesn't actually disapprove of our current state of verbal affairs.*** They just claim they do.
 
----------------
** I did pop Rick with a Robo and website towards the end for not showing up to any of the major candidate forums.
 
***Our current state of verbal affairs is exactly like the days of yore.  Actually its probably more above board and respectful then back in the day... 

No comments:

Post a Comment