Friday, April 24, 2009

I laughed and laughed and laughed....


At this opening from Matt Taibbi:

The other day I was thinking about how I’m going to turn forty soon, how scary that is and what it means going forward. And one of the things I thought, when I was thinking about this, was, “I’m going to have to stop picking on Thomas Friedman after I turn forty. Forty is way too old to still be picking on a guy just because he happens to have been born with a big hunk of granite in his metaphor center.”

But now, I don’t know. I may be getting older and weaker, but Tom Friedman just gets stronger and stronger with age. He just rolls on and on, like a goddamned steamroller. Like a steamroller with flippers. Soaring, on the waves of time.

Posted via web from jimnichols's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment