Saturday, June 27, 2009

On this question of what it means to be a blogger...

The dad says i'm not really blogging.

I got an email from someone saying my website doesn't include why i'm running, that I have great material but not a lot about why I'm running for office--they thought my blog was my campaign website....

So the reader kind of proved the point...

But what if...

What if local elected officials thought out loud more often?  For example say I post something on my personal blog... (and this is an important point... personal blog vs. professional website which has a blog in it)

This allows people to read what i'm reading... to see what i'm thinking.  It gives people a chance to comment or email me on issues they have with article x  or the logic of point y.

This is political debate in real time.  Most people don't know their State Rep. or what he/she does so I don't think this is going to change local politics.  But it could be of use?

Posted via web from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment