Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The not quite a press release press release....

Will skip the perfunctory format of the press release--and as I still haven't set up my professional site I'll just release on my personal blog instead--i'm going to be hit for being a blogger anyways (rant's and screeds, bad editing---Oh my!).  Not to mention its a running theme.
 
I pulled an all nighter working (mostly) on my ethics paper.  Its nice to know that the life of a university student is, well the life of a university student--even when you're 28 and have to got load trucks at 4am.  Dad I wish I had heeded your advice when I was 22!
 
So then I head to GA State for class.
 
I get home.  File.  Have dinner. Sleep.  Alarm clock 2am.  Then play more catch up with school.
 
So I have time to do a press release, all nicely formatted... around Sat? Maybe?
 
Look.  Nobody is going to pay attention to the blogger running for state house. Speaking of which is anyone else in this state openly running yet?  See thats part of the problem with our political process.
 
Okay I’ll have brought in $835. Its more than Rudy Cox’s State Senate Campaign here in Henry brought in for the entire race. But lets face it 9 out of 10 races are won by the campaign that brings in the most money.
 
I'm sure some Dem's were waiting to see how I'd do.  I better get cracking if I plan on playing solitaire--with a deck full of Steve Davis votes to work with.
 
The trucks won't load themselves so here is your morning quotes as well.
 
We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.  Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
 
Reason and free inquiry are the only effectual agents against error.  Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), Notes on the State of Virginia

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment