Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day...

Like many citizens in third world countries my Dad lives on the other side of the world.  Now that I'm grown and financially stable he doesn't have to send money my way like those families who are sustained off the remittance payments they receive from family members abroad. 
 
But its still hard none-the-less when your family lives so far away and the little things--like reading the New York Times with Dad on Sunday morning--don't take place.
 
Dad, I didn't know what to get you for fathers day--and I'm sure you'd say, "I don't need anything."
 
I bought you a gift-certificate at Kiva.  Go pick a micro-loan you like.  Maybe you'll even get a return on that investment! 
 
Happy Fathers Day Dad!
 
-----
For those who want to learn more about micro loans you can read more here.

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment