Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Westmoreland Townhall...

It appears he's doing phone call town halls--which as of last week were not planned.  I'm still not sure how he's identifying people to call, as my wife and I voted in the Republican Primary and I called his office this morning and asked to be put on the call list.  If you voted in a Democratic Primary and got a call from Westmoreland about the townhall email me at Jim.Nichols@gmail.com.
 
I recorded his town hall tonight but am headed to Netroots Nation in the morning so I won't have time to cut it up into chunks small enough for me to post.
 
Lets just say he didn't take a single question from someone supporting health care reform.
 
Conservatives think the sky is falling and are so angry because leaders like Westmoreland and talking heads on TV make it appear to them as if the rest of the world agrees with their political opinions and no one is quite sure how Marxist Democrats have taken power in this country.  This is why you get the emotive--at times to the point of pathology-- outburst that you are seeing at some of these townhalls. 
 
Obama is seen as if he's from Mars... but he won over 40% of the vote in Henry County so its not as radical as it appears to many people I talk in the Republican ranks.  Hearing a townhall call where no one in the entire 3rd district asks tough questions makes it appear as if we're all cheering on Westmoreland and can't comprehend whats got into the heads of people in Washington..
 
Some simple fact checking on some of his statements will quickly change your opinion of falling behind Rep. Westmoreland in lock step.  I'll get it up when I get home next week.
 
You can follow my twitter of netroots @JimNichols
 
I'll try to snag some interviews.
 
I'll do my best to keep people up on all the action--but I'm one of the few netroots folks who lacks a laptop!  Sigh... I'm just not that cool!

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment