Saturday, April 25, 2009

More from Dad in Afghanistan @nicknich3


To catch up you can read these earlier posts....

 
Here are the most recent updates...
 
“I am in heaven. I just ate Indian for a late lunch. I don't know what all I had, but it was absolutely the best food I've ever eaten.”
 I grabbed a late lunch here at hotel on my own. They tried to steer me toward pasta but I flipped over to the Indian dishes. Picked something out, asked some questions about an item I had no idea what it was (an oily bread prepared on flat iron). It was all fabulous. Rp 260 ($5). - Nick Nichols  
I must have some Indian blood - because this food hits home. I had something for breakfast this morning (some name of a dish I've never heard of) that was also fabulous. - Nick Nichols 
I understand Indian food can be quite different across the different regions. I can't believe I'll find anything more enjoyable than food around Delhi in northern India. I probably won't like some of the other areas. - Nick Nichols  
We're headed back to Afghan embassy this morning. Couldn't get in yesterday. Hope it goes smoothly. - Nick Nichols  
The guy at the Afghanistan embassy yelled at me for no apparent reason when I asked an innocent question. For some reason that hurt more than it should. I have to remind myself that not everything is geopolitical. - Nick Nichols  
 Got my single entry visa to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. - Nick Nichols
 
--------
Fri/Sat
 
 It's 4:30am. In lobby waiting to go to airport in Delhi. Hope to have internet in Kabul at the World Bank compound. We'll see. - Nick Nichols
“I'm in Kabul. IMF Guesthouse. Weather is beautiful. The redundancy in security is shockingly high. I'm not sure I've seen anything like it even in fiction.”
 Standing in front of Kabul Airport, I was NOT about to pull out a camera. Heh. Lots of serious looking people around holding guns. - Nick Nichols  

Posted via web from jimnichols's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment