Monday, April 26, 2010

I'll be at the Gold Dome this morning... say hello if you are up there...

I get off of work about 8:30 this morning and will head up to the Gold Dome to support my friend RJ in his run for Senate.  We'll all kiss and make up after the primary. RJ got out there and has worked hard--I believe anyone running for office should put there name out there early so that voters can hear from them.  If you are up at the Gold Dome text me if you want to grad coffee (770) 312 6736.  I'll be the guy who is not in a suit and tie, wearing t-shirt and shorts, slightly dirty from loading trucks all morning.
 
Steve Davis is going to get beat in less than 200 days.  But I won't be doing it.  The caucus asked me to step aside over a year ago if they found a better candidate--I decided recently that I wouldn't run as an independent as besting Davis is my priority.  So keep your eyes out for that. 
 
I will be filling out my intent to run for State Senate against John Douglas and paying my fine for being late with my last disclosure sigh (what? Davis has missed the deadline far more times than I have)....  I don't think I can win because of the demographics and money factors.  But you have to fight for what you believe in---and we won't end the gridlock at the Gold Dome unless we clean house in Atlanta.
 
I'm not going to qualify until Thursday to see if anyone runs... but I've been on the campaign trail for over a year in the 109.  I'll probably go against anyone in the primary if they aren't up to my standards for a candidate---hint far too many politician on both sides won't be this year.

Posted via email from Jim Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment