Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jon Stewart is a gateway drug to public policy....

Caught this interview with a GSU public policy student studying in Europe 

When it became time to graduate high school and choose my major to enter the big world of college I had to think about what made me passionate. I realized that for the past ten years of my life the only thing I did consistently in my life was watch
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. It was then that I realized I wanted to pursue a career in politics/government. 

Throughout my state senate campaign I argued that this generation faces different challenges in politics that will require different approaches.  We're not talking reinvention of the wheel--i'm not gaga over a new media revolution even less so because of my experiences on the campaign trail; its a tool that isn't being harnessed as it could be by some in politics.

But the fact of the matter is Jon Stewart has become the news for many, in fact sadly, the quality of his work sets a standard many in the media don't reach in a Fox News age.  It makes sense that he's inspiring people to pay attention to politics....

No comments:

Post a Comment