Friday, September 24, 2010

Politicians don't elect themselves....

Politicians don't elect themselves.  Its an obvious truism.  Politics is a mathematical equation of time, demographics, money, and volunteers---not to mention the randomness of the political winds.
 
9 out of 10 political campaigns are won by the candidate with the most money.  There is a reason why you don't see a lot of truck loaders, or bus drivers, or car mechanics elected to office.  Its called money...
 
That's why I need your help.  Please take a moment to contribute online to my State Senate campaign at www.JimNicholsforsenate.com
 
Your $5, $15, $25... $200??? contribution will help me get my message out to voters.  My opponent may have $20,000 sitting around to put into his own campaign but I don't.  If I had $20,000 sitting around I'd be paying down my student loans.
 
A 30 year old that loads trucks who goes to school part time to finish his undergraduate degree can't win a state senate race by himself.  Its not possible.  I can't bring in the money and volunteers needed to win 50% + 1 of the vote alone. 
 
That's why I need your help.  Please contribute what you can and then send this ask along to people you know via twitter, facebook, and email.
 
They said we couldn't beat the State Senate Caucus' candidate in the primary and we won 62% of the vote. 
 
They'll say a working class blogger with no money can't beat an establishment Republican deep in Red America.  But we can prove them wrong again. Together we can bring a new generation of leadership to Atlanta and shake up the status quo in Georgia politics.
 
But we only have 38 days to do it...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment