Tuesday, September 14, 2010

quotes: Jonathan Bernstein on conservatives

Jonathan Bernstein on conservatives 
I'm actually fairly baffled at the habit of some (certainly not all!) chest-thumpingly patriotic conservatives to explicitly treat large chunks of the United States of America as if they were weirdly foreign.  Not that they'd think it -- it's a match for (some) liberals who dismiss flyover states -- but that they have have no hesitation about attacking the states and cities that don't share their partisanship.  Really, it would be worth the while of someone to catalogue the various places (and the total populars thereof) that conservatives have attacked as un-American over the last twenty years or so.  I don't think there's any similar sustained, explicit liberal attacks on Idaho or Utah, although I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm wrong.    

No comments:

Post a Comment