Thursday, April 4, 2013

So maybe stupidity isn't our problem after all.

In the car today I heard both Herman Cain and Rush Limbaugh complain about how stupid Americans have become and that this stupidity was the reason for the sorry state of this country at the moment.

I couldn't help but speculate that driving around Atlanta a large number of (mostly white male) listeners were nodding their head in agreement when these subjects were broached by our speakers.  "What ails us is stupidity."

Ah, but there is the rub my friends.  How do we define stupidity?

I highly doubt that I could easily find mutually recognized agreement between myself and Herman Cain on what makes for a stupid person.  When you agree with Rush and Herman--its time to reevaluate your position.  Ergo...our problems cannot be reduced to stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment